Jump to a taxon beginning with the letter:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Acacia saligna (Labill.) H.L.Wendl., Comm. Acac. Aphyll. 26 (1820)
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Section Acacia (syn. Section Phyllodineae)
Classification. This species contains 4 infraspecific taxa ( subsp. saligna, subsp. Southern forest (B.R. Maslin & J.E. Reid BRM 9952), subsp. Tweed River (B.R. Maslin 8596), subsp. Wheatbelt (B.R. Maslin 8602))
Mimosa saligna Labill. (1807) [Basionym]
Racosperma salignum (Labill.) Pedley (1987) [Homotypic synonym]
Acacia cyanophylla Lindl. (1839) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia cyanophylla Lindl. var. cyanophylla (1923) [Autonym]
Acacia bracteata Maiden & Blakely (1928) [Heterotypic synonym]
AFRICA: Egypt [Nl], Ethiopia [I], Kenya [I], Libya [I], Mozambique [I], Namibia [I], South Africa [Nl], Tanzania [I], Zambia [I]. ARABIAN PENINSULA [I]: Saudi Arabia. AUSTRALIA: Australian Capital Territory [I], New South Wales [Nl], Queensland [Nl], South Australia [Nl], Tasmania [Nl], Victoria [Nl], Western Australia [N]. CENTRAL AMERICA [I]: Mexico. EUROPE [I]: Corsica, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Sardegna, Sicily, Spain. INDIAN OCEAN [I]: Mauritius. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT [I]: India (Karnataka, Tamil Nadu), Pakistan. NORTH AMERICA [I] (California). PACIFIC OCEAN [I]: New Zealand. SOUTH AMERICA [I]: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile. SOUTHEAST ASIA [I]: Vietnam. WEST ASIA [I]: Cyprus, Iraq, Israel, Jordan
Abbreviations: [I - Introduced, Nl - Naturalised, N - Native].
Type. Based on Mimosa saligna Labill.
- Flora of Australia Online - Access to authoritative botanical profile (often updated from Flora of Australia 2001 treatment) which includes descriptive and associated information, information on names, characteristics, distribution, etc.
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001).
- AcaciaSearch - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia. - AcaciaSearch was published by RIRDC and is available for purchase on line.
- KALANNIE - This information originally appeared in Maslin (1998) "Wattle of the Kalannie region: their identification, characteristics and utilisation" (CDROM published by the Kalannie Land Care District and the Dept. Conservation and Land Management, Perth). - It is the typical variant of this species that occurs in the Kalannie region.
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s)
- Duke (1983) - Handbook of Energy Crops (unpublished) - Descripton, uses and much more.
- Fact Net - Description, ecology & utilisation
- Uni Connecticut - Description & utilisation
- NSW FloraOnline - Botanical profile, photographs and and other information of species in New South Wales (provided by Plant Information Network System of the Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia).
- VicFlora - Botanical profiles and photographs of species in Victoria, Australia. Provided by the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria.
- FloraBase - Short description, distribution map from WA Herbarium specimens and often photos are provided for Western Australian taxa
- SA Plants - Botanical profiles, photos and other useful information for South Australian species (on Plants of South Australia website provided by Seed Conservation Centre, Adelaide Botanic Garden and State Herbarium)
VIEW IMAGE of Acacia saligna