Acacia saligna (Labill.) H.L.Wendl., Comm. Acac. Aphyll. 26 (1820)
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Subgenus Acacia (syn. Phyllodineae) former section Acacia
AFRICA: Ethiopia [I], Kenya [I], Libya [I], Mozambique [I], Namibia [I], South Africa [Nl], Tanzania [I], Zambia [I]. ARABIAN PENINSULA [I]: Saudi Arabia. AUSTRALIA: New South Wales [Nl], Queensland [Nl], South Australia [Nl], Tasmania [Nl], Victoria [Nl], Western Australia [N]. CENTRAL AMERICA [I]: Mexico. EUROPE [I]: Corsica, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Sardegna, Sicily, Spain. INDIAN OCEAN [I]: Mauritius. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT [I]: India (Karnataka, Tamil Nadu), Pakistan. NORTH AMERICA [I] (California). PACIFIC OCEAN [I]: New Zealand. SOUTH AMERICA [I]: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile. SOUTHEAST ASIA [I]: Vietnam. WEST ASIA [I]: Cyprus, Iraq, Israel, Jordan
Abbreviations: [I - Introduced, Nl - Naturalised, N - Native].
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001).
- PlantNET - Description and other info (including access to AVH map) of New South Wales occurrence of this species (provided by Plant Information Network System of the Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia).
- Uni Connecticut - Description & utilisation
- Fact Net - Description, ecology & utilisation
- Duke (1983) - Handbook of Energy Crops (unpublished) - Descripton, uses and much more.
- FloraBase - Short description, distribution map from WA Herbarium specimens and often photos are provided for Western Australian taxa
- KALANNIE - This information originally appeared in Maslin (1998) "Wattle of the Kalannie region: their identification, characteristics and utilisation" (CDROM published by the Kalannie Land Care District and the Dept. Conservation and Land Management, Perth). - It is the typical variant of this species that occurs in the Kalannie region.
- AcaciaSearch - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia. - AcaciaSearch was published by RIRDC and is available for purchase on line.
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s)
VIEW IMAGE of Acacia saligna