Acacia podalyriifolia A.Cunn. ex G.Don, Gen. Hist. 2: 405 (1832)
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Section Acacia (syn. Section Phyllodineae)
Notes. (1) Originally published as 'podalyriaefolia'. (2) A taxonomic treatment of this species in China is presented in Maslin et al. (2019: 472-473).
Acacia podalyriifolia A.Cunn. ex G.Don var. podalyriifolia (1926) [Autonym]
Racosperma podalyriifolium (A.Cunn. ex G.Don) Pedley (1987) [Homotypic synonym]
Acacia podalyriifolia Loudon (1830) [Nom. nudum]
Acacia fraseri Hook. (1837) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia deneufvillei L.Winter ex A.Berger (1910) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia hanburyana L.Winter ex A.Berger (1910) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia siebertiana L.Winter ex A.Berger (1910) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia sieberiana Le Tennier [Orthographic variant]
Acacia podalyriifolia var. viridis Guilf. (1911) [Nom. invalid.]
Acacia podalyriifolia var. typica Domin (1926) [nom. illeg. (superfluous)]
AFRICA: Egypt [Or], Ethiopia [I], Kenya [I], Malawi [I], South Africa [I], Tanzania [I], Uganda [I], Zimbabwe [I]. AUSTRALIA: New South Wales [N], Queensland [N], South Australia [Nl], Victoria [Nl], Western Australia [Nl]. CARIBBEAN [I]: Puerto Rico. EAST ASIA: China (Guangdong [C], Hong Kong [I]). INDIAN OCEAN [I]: Mauritius, Reunion Island. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT [I]: India (Tamil Nadu, Meghalaya), Sri Lanka. PACIFIC OCEAN [I]: New Zealand. SOUTH AMERICA [I]: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Venezuela. SOUTHEAST ASIA: Indonesia [I] (Java), Malaysia [C] (Peninsular Malaysia), Vietnam [C]
Abbreviations: [I - Introduced, Or - Ornamental, C - Cultivated, N - Native, Nl - Naturalised].
Type Designation. Holotype: Birnam Range, Brisbane River, July 1828, A. Cunningham 157 (K, fide L.Pedley, Austrobaileya 1: 276, 1980); isotype: BM. Source. Fl. Australia 11A: 329 (2001).
- Flora of Australia Online - Access to authoritative botanical profile (often updated from Flora of Australia 2001 treatment) which includes descriptive and associated information, information on names, characteristics, distribution, etc.
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001).
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s)
- NSW FloraOnline - Botanical profile, photographs and and other information of species in New South Wales (provided by Plant Information Network System of the Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia).
- Plants of Hawaii - Photographs by Forest and Kim Starr
- Tropicos - Information-rich resource provided by Missouri Botanic Gardens.
- VicFlora - Botanical profiles and photographs of species in Victoria, Australia. Provided by the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria.
- FloraBase - Short description, distribution map from WA Herbarium specimens and often photos are provided for Western Australian taxa
- SA Plants - Botanical profiles, photos and other useful information for South Australian species (on Plants of South Australia website provided by Seed Conservation Centre, Adelaide Botanic Garden and State Herbarium)
VIEW IMAGE of Acacia podalyriifolia