Jump to a taxon beginning with the letter:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Acacia melanoxylon R.Br., in W.T.Aiton, Hort. Kew. Ed. 2 5: 462 (1813)
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Section Plurinerves
Notes. A taxonomic treatment of this species in China is presented in Maslin et al. (2019: 471-472).
Acacia melanoxylon R.Br. var. melanoxylon (1849) [Autonym]
Acacia melanoxylon R.Br. f. melanoxylon (1925) [Autonym]
Racosperma melanoxylon (R.Br.) Pedley (1986) [Homotypic synonym]
Mimosa melanoxylon (R.Br.) Poir. (1817) [Nom. invalid.]
Acacia melanoxylum R.Br. (1817) [Orthographic variant]
Racosperma melanoxylon (R.Br.) Mart. (1829) [Nom. invalid.]
Acacia arcuata Sieber ex Spreng. (1826) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia arcuata Labill. ex Spreng. (1826) [Orthographic variant]
Acacia melanoxylon var. arcuata (Sieber ex Spreng.) Ser. (1849) [Homotypic synonym]
Acacia melanoxylon var. obtusifolia Ser. (1849) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia melanoxylon f. frutescens Hochr. (1925) [Heterotypic synonym]
AFRICA: Ethiopia [I], Kenya [I], Lesotho [I], South Africa [Nl], Swaziland [I], Tanzania [I]. AUSTRALIA: Australian Capital Territory [N], New South Wales [N], Queensland [N], South Australia [N], Tasmania [N], Victoria [N], Western Australia [Nl]. CENTRAL AMERICA [I]: Mexico. EAST ASIA [I]: China (Zhejiang, Yunnan, Sichuan, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hainan). EUROPE [I]: Belgium, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain. INDIAN OCEAN [I]: Mauritius, Reunion Island. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT [I]: India (Kerala, Meghalaya, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Manipur, Sikkim), Pakistan, Sri Lanka. MACRONESIA [I]: Azores. NORTH AMERICA [I] (California, Florida). PACIFIC OCEAN [I]: New Zealand. SOUTH AMERICA [I]: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Abbreviations: [Nl - Naturalised, I - Introduced, N - Native].
Type Designation. Lectotype (designated by B.R. Maslin & R.S. Cowan 1995: 115): Derwent River, Tas., Feb.?July 1804, R. Brown, sheet titled ‘Iter Australiense, 1802–5’ and bearing [Britten no.] 4364 (BM -- fruiting specimen); isolectotype: E. Remaining syntype: BM, DBN, E. Source. Fl. Australia 11B: 141 (2001).
- Flora of Australia Online - Access to authoritative botanical profile (often updated from Flora of Australia 2001 treatment) which includes descriptive and associated information, information on names, characteristics, distribution, etc.
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001).
- AcaciaSearch - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia. - AcaciaSearch was published by RIRDC and is available for purchase on line.
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s)
- NSW FloraOnline - Botanical profile, photographs and and other information of species in New South Wales (provided by Plant Information Network System of the Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia).
- VicFlora - Botanical profiles and photographs of species in Victoria, Australia. Provided by the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria.
- TasTimber - Wood characters (terse) and miscellaneous other information. - Website sponsors: The Tasmanian Timber Promotion Board; The Tasmanian Forests and Forest Industry Council.
- FloraBase - Short description, distribution map from WA Herbarium specimens and often photos are provided for Western Australian taxa
- Plants of Hawaii - Photographs by Forest and Kim Starr
- SA Plants - Botanical profiles, photos and other useful information for South Australian species (on Plants of South Australia website provided by Seed Conservation Centre, Adelaide Botanic Garden and State Herbarium)
VIEW IMAGE of Acacia melanoxylon