Vachellia farnesiana (L.) Wight & Arn., Prodr. Fl. Ind. Orient. 1: 272 (1834)
AFRICA [I]: Ethiopia, Ghana, Libya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe. ARABIAN PENINSULA [I]: Saudi Arabia. AUSTRALIA [I]: Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia. CARIBBEAN [N]: Antigua-Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Puerto Rico, St Kitts-Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent. CENTRAL AMERICA [N]: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama. EAST ASIA [I]: China (Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hainan, Henan, Sichuan, Yunnan, Zhejiang), Ryuku Islands, Taiwan. EUROPE [I]: France, Italy, Sicily, Spain. INDIAN OCEAN: Comoro Is [I], Madagascar [Nl], Maldives [I], Mauritius [I], Reunion Island [I], Rodrigues [I], Seychelles [I]. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT [I]: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India (West Bengal, Orissa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Nagaland, Goa, Pondicherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Meghalaya, Haryana, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Delhi), Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka. NORTH AMERICA [N] (Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas). PACIFIC OCEAN: Fiji [I], Gilbert Is [I], Hawaiian Islands [Nl], Mariana Islands [I], Nauru [I]. SOUTH AMERICA [N]: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela. SOUTHEAST ASIA: Andaman Islands [I], Cambodia [I], Indonesia [I] (Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan), Laos [I], Malaysia [I] (Sabah, Peninsular Malaysia), Myanmar [I], Papua New Guinea [I], Philippines [Nl], Singapore [I], Thailand [I], Vietnam [I]. WEST ASIA [I]: Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Syria
Abbreviations: [I - Introduced, N - Native, Nl - Naturalised].
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001). - Described as Acacia farnesiana
- Tropicos - Information-rich resource provided by Missouri Botanic Gardens.
- Pilbara Wattles - Description, illustration, photos and map
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s)
- Weed assessment - Biological & ecological features, weed manangement, relevant links, and more - Information provided by The Global Invasive Species Database which is managed by the Invasive Species Specialist Group (ISSG) of the IUCN Species Survival Commission. Described as Acacia farnesiana
- Le Houerou - Description, ecology, weediness, web links and much more. Described as Acacia farnesiana
- Plants of Hawaii - Photographs by Forest and Kim Starr - Described as Acacia farnesiana
- Duke (1983) - Handbook of Energy Crops (unpublished) - Descripton, uses and much more. Described as Acacia farnesiana
- Uni Connecticut - Description & utilisation - Described as Acacia farnesiana
- PlantNET - Description and other info (including access to AVH map) of New South Wales occurrence of this species (provided by Plant Information Network System of the Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia).
- Seigler et al. (2015) - Taxonomic treatment (unpublished) produced by D. Seigler and colleagues and generously made available to WorldWideWattle in 2015
VIEW IMAGE of Vachellia farnesiana