Acacia cyclops A.Cunn. ex G.Don, Gen. Hist. 2: 404 (1832), nom. cons.
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Subgenus Acacia (syn. Phyllodineae) section Plurinerves
Type Designation. Type: 'Native of New Holland on the south-west coast' (n.v.). Source. Fl. Australia 11B: 138 (2001).
Notes. The name Acacia cyclops A. Cunn. ex G.Don has been conserved over Acacia eglandulosa DC. (fide Wiersema 2015, App. IV: 370). The conservation proposal was made in Maslin & Wilson (2007).
AFRICA: Ethiopia [I], Namibia [I], South Africa [Nl]. AUSTRALIA: South Australia [N], Victoria [Nl], Western Australia [N]. EUROPE [Nl]: Portugal. NORTH AMERICA [I] (California)
Abbreviations: [Nl - Naturalised, I - Introduced, N - Native].
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001).
- Duke (1983) - Handbook of Energy Crops (unpublished) - Descripton, uses and much more.
- FloraBase - Short description, distribution map from WA Herbarium specimens and often photos are provided for Western Australian taxa
- AcaciaSearch - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia. - AcaciaSearch was published by RIRDC and is available for purchase on line.
- USDA - Acacia cyclops as a weed in California.
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s)
VIEW IMAGE of Acacia cyclops