Jump to a taxon beginning with the letter:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Acacia retinodes Schltdl., Linnaea 20: 664 (1847)
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Section Acacia (syn. Section Phyllodineae)
Notes. See O'Leary (2007) for revision of A. retinodes. .
Racosperma retinodes (Schltdl.) Pedley (2003) [Homotypic synonym]
Racosperma retinodes (Schltdl.) Pedley var. retinodes (2003) [Autonym]
Acacia retinodes Schltdl. var. retinodes (1932) [Autonym]
Acacia retinodes (Normanville variant) ms (2004) [Synonym]
[It is likely that most of the non-Australian introductions under the name A. retinodes do not represent this species (they are perhaps A. provincialis or A. uncifolia). Therefore, the identity of material on which non-Australian records are based need verification ]
AFRICA: Egypt [Or], Ethiopia [I], South Africa [I]. AUSTRALIA [N]: South Australia. CENTRAL AMERICA [Nl]: Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico. EUROPE [I]: France, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain. INDIAN OCEAN [I]: Mauritius. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT [I]: India (Tamil Nadu, Meghalaya). MACRONESIA [I]: Azores. NORTH AMERICA [I] (California). PACIFIC OCEAN [I]: New Zealand. SOUTH AMERICA [Nl]: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, Peru. SOUTHEAST ASIA: Indonesia [I] (Java), Vietnam [Or]. WEST ASIA [I]: Cyprus
Abbreviations: [I - Introduced, Or - Ornamental, Nl - Naturalised, N - Native].
Type Designation. Holotype: 'Sehr verbreitet auf fruchtbarem Boden in der Nahe des Wassers im den Thalern.' [Barossa Valley, S.A., perhaps from Schlinckens Creek], H.H. Behr s.n. (HAL); isotype: MEL616152. Source. Fl. Australia 11A: 281 (2001).
- Flora of Australia Online - Access to authoritative botanical profile (often updated from Flora of Australia 2001 treatment) which includes descriptive and associated information, information on names, characteristics, distribution, etc.
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001). - A. retinodes is reviewed by O'Leary in J. Adelaide Bot. Gard. 21: 95-109 (2007); this name now applies to what is described in WATTLE as A. retinodes var. retinodes (typical variant), however, the synonyms listed in WATTLE now apply to A. provincialis.
- AcaciaSearch - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia. - In AcaciaSearch A. retinodes was called A. retinodes (typical variant). AcaciaSearch was published by RIRDC and is available for purchase on line.
- AcaciaSearch 1 - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia. - The entity in AcaciaSearch called A. retinodes (Normanville variant) is considered by O'Leary (2007) as typical A retinodes.
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s) - This entity is called A. retinodes var. retinodes on this site.
- SA Plants - Botanical profiles, photos and other useful information for South Australian species (on Plants of South Australia website provided by Seed Conservation Centre, Adelaide Botanic Garden and State Herbarium)
VIEW IMAGE of Acacia retinodes