Acacia baileyana F.Muell., Trans. Roy. Soc. Victoria 24: 168 (1888)
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Subgenus Acacia (syn. Phyllodineae) section Botrycephalae
Type Designation. Holotype: Bowen Park, Brisbane, Qld, cultivated, Aug. 1876, F.M.Bailey (MEL); isotype: BRI n.v., fide L.Pedley, Austrobaileya 1: 301 (1980). Source. Fl. Australia 11A: 224 (2001).
AFRICA [I]: Kenya, South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe. AUSTRALIA: Australian Capital Territory [Nl], New South Wales [N], Queensland [Nl], South Australia [Nl], Victoria [Nl], Western Australia [Nl]. CENTRAL AMERICA [I]: Costa Rica, Mexico. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT [C]: India (Tamil Nadu). NORTH AMERICA [I] (California, Florida). PACIFIC OCEAN [I]: New Zealand. SOUTH AMERICA [I]: Argentina, Colombia. SOUTHEAST ASIA: Indonesia [I] (Java), Vietnam [Or]
Abbreviations: [I - Introduced, C - Cultivated, Or - Ornamental, N - Native, Nl - Naturalised].
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001).
- PlantNET - Description and other info (including access to AVH map) of New South Wales occurrence of this species (provided by Plant Information Network System of the Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia).
- FloraBase - Short description, distribution map from WA Herbarium specimens and often photos are provided for Western Australian taxa
- AcaciaSearch - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia. - AcaciaSearch was published by RIRDC and is available for purchase on line.
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s)
- Tropicos - Information-rich resource provided by Missouri Botanic Gardens.
VIEW IMAGE of Acacia baileyana