Jump to a taxon beginning with the letter:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Acacia mearnsii De Wild., Pl. Bequaert. 3: 61 (1925)
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Section Botrycephalae
Notes. Originally published as 'mearnsi'.
Racosperma mearnsii (De Wild.) Pedley (1986) [Homotypic synonym]
Acacia decurrens var. mollissima E.Miège (1927) [nom. illeg. (superfluous)]
Acacia mollissima E.Miège (1927) [nom. illeg. (superfluous)]
Acacia mollissima sens. Benth. (1842) [Misapplied name]
Acacia decurrens var. mollis sens. Benth. (1842) [Misapplied name]
Acacia decurrens f. mollis sens. Benth. (1864) [Misapplied name]
Acacia decurrens var. mollis sens. Brenan & Melville (1960) [Misapplied name]
AFRICA: Egypt [Or], Ethiopia [I], Kenya [I], Rwanda [I], South Africa [I], Swaziland [I], Tanzania [I], Uganda [I], Zambia [I]. AUSTRALIA: Australian Capital Territory [N], New South Wales [N], South Australia [N], Tasmania [N], Victoria [N], Western Australia [Nl]. CARIBBEAN [I]: Jamaica. EAST ASIA: China [C] (Hong Kong, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Sichuan, Yunnan, Zhejiang, Guizhou, Hainan, Hunan, Jiangxi), Ryuku Islands [I], Taiwan [C]. EUROPE [I]: Corsica, Italy, Portugal, Spain. INDIAN OCEAN [I]: Madagascar, Reunion Island, Seychelles. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT: India [Nl] (Tamil Nadu), Sri Lanka [I]. NORTH AMERICA [I] (California). PACIFIC OCEAN: Hawaiian Islands [Nl], New Zealand [I]. SOUTH AMERICA [I]: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador. SOUTHEAST ASIA [C]: Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Vietnam
Abbreviations: [I - Introduced, Or - Ornamental, C - Cultivated, Nl - Naturalised, N - Native].
Type Designation. Lectotype (designated by J.P.M.Brenan & R.Melville, Kew Bull. 14: 38, 1960): Vicinity of Thika [in Kenya], British East Africa, 6-7 Sept. 1909, E.A. Mearns 1092 (BR); isolectotype: BM n.v., fide J.H.Ross, Bothalia 11: 465 (1975). Source. Fl. Australia 11A: 238 (2001).
- Flora of Australia Online - Access to authoritative botanical profile (often updated from Flora of Australia 2001 treatment) which includes descriptive and associated information, information on names, characteristics, distribution, etc.
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001).
- AcaciaSearch - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia. - AcaciaSearch was published by RIRDC and is available for purchase on line.
- Biosecurity Queensland - Information on naturalized occurrence(s)
- NSW FloraOnline - Botanical profile, photographs and and other information of species in New South Wales (provided by Plant Information Network System of the Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia).
- VicFlora - Botanical profiles and photographs of species in Victoria, Australia. Provided by the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria.
- FloraBase - Short description, distribution map from WA Herbarium specimens and often photos are provided for Western Australian taxa
- Duke (1983) - Handbook of Energy Crops (unpublished) - Descripton, uses and much more.
- SA Plants - Botanical profiles, photos and other useful information for South Australian species (on Plants of South Australia website provided by Seed Conservation Centre, Adelaide Botanic Garden and State Herbarium)
VIEW IMAGE of Acacia mearnsii