Acacia dealbata Link, Enum. Hort. Berol. Alt. 2: 445 (1822)
Name Status. Accepted Name
Infra-generic Classification. Section Botrycephalae
Classification. This species contains 2 infraspecific taxa ( subsp. dealbata, subsp. subalpina)
Notes. A taxonomic treatment of this species in China is presented in Maslin et al. (2019: 467-468).
Acacia dealbata Link var. dealbata (1846) [Autonym]
Acacia decurrens var. dealbata (Link) F.Muell. ex Maiden (1906) [Homotypic synonym]
Acacia decurrens var. dealbata (Link) Muller (2005) [Orthographic variant]
Racosperma dealbatum (Link) Pedley (1987) [Homotypic synonym]
Acacia decurrens var. mollis Lindl. (1819) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia decurrens f. mollis (Lindl.) Benth. (1864) [Synonym]
Acacia puberula Dehnh. (1832) [Heterotypic synonym]
Acacia derwentii hort. ex Siebert & Voss (1894) [Heterotypic synonym]
Mimosa dealbata Page (1818) [Nom. nudum]
Notes. In India this species is cultivated for timber and as an ornamental in India; it is naturalized in hills of south India (1800-2100 m alt.), Himalayas (1200-2100 m alt.) and in northeast India (to 1500 m alt.) (Chakrabarty & Gangopadhyay 1996: 608).
AFRICA: Egypt [Or], Ethiopia [I], Lesotho [I], Mozambique [I], South Africa [I], Swaziland [I], Tanzania [I], Uganda [I], Zimbabwe [I]. AUSTRALIA: Australian Capital Territory [N], New South Wales [N], South Australia [Nl], Tasmania [N], Victoria [N], Western Australia [Nl]. CARIBBEAN [I]: Haiti, Jamaica. CENTRAL AMERICA [I]: Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico. EAST ASIA [I]: China (Hong Kong, Fujian, Guangxi, Guizhou, Sichuan, Yunnan, Zhejiang, Guangdong, Hainan, Jiangxi), Japan, Taiwan. EUROPE [I]: France, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Sardegna, Serbia, Spain. INDIAN OCEAN [I]: Madagascar, Mauritius, Reunion Island. INDIAN SUBCONTINENT [I]: India (Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu), Nepal, Sri Lanka. MACRONESIA [I]: Azores. NORTH AMERICA [I] (Florida). PACIFIC OCEAN [I]: New Zealand. SOUTH AMERICA [I]: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador. SOUTHEAST ASIA [C]: Malaysia, Vietnam
Abbreviations: [I - Introduced, Or - Ornamental, C - Cultivated, N - Native, Nl - Naturalised].
Type Citation. No type cited
- Flora of Australia Online - Access to authoritative botanical profile (often updated from Flora of Australia 2001 treatment) which includes descriptive and associated information, information on names, characteristics, distribution, etc.
- WATTLE - Description, illlustration and map derived mostly from that published in Flora of Australia vols. 11A & 11B (2001).
- AcaciaSearch - AcaciaSearch identifies, evaluates and provides detailed information for Acacia species considered prospective as new woody crop plants in the agricultural region of southern Australia.
- NSW FloraOnline - Botanical profile, photographs and and other information of species in New South Wales (provided by Plant Information Network System of the Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia).
- VicFlora - Botanical profiles and photographs of species in Victoria, Australia. Provided by the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria.
- FloraBase - Short description, distribution map from WA Herbarium specimens and often photos are provided for Western Australian taxa