Calliandra taxifolia. Photo: G. Lewis
The purpose of the International Group for the Study of Mimosoideae is to provide a venue for the dissemination of information concerning the biology, taxonomy, phytogeography, utilisation, etc of the large Legume subfamily Mimosoideae. The Group will now operate predominantly via the worldwide web (it can be referred to as Web IGSM) but it will also cater for Members who do not have web access.
The IGSM was founded by Jacques Vassal (Toulouse, France) in the early 1970’s and the first Bulletin of the Group was published in October 1973. For the following 20 years or so Jacques efficiently and expertly managed the Group, and the international Mimosoid community owes him a great debt of gratitude for his magnificent effort. In volume 20 of the Bulletin Jacques provides a terse perspective of the Group and a tribute to his stewardship is provided by Roger Polhill in that same volume. As Roger noted, the Group under Jacques was one of being wholly democratic, participative, friendly and proactive. It is our intention in Web IGSM to maintain this spirit.
The following facilities are provided here:
- Directory of IGSM Members
- This provides contact details, institutional affiliations and research interests of IGSM Members. This Directory is useful for contacting other researchers who are working on various aspects the subfamily.
- Registration for new Members
- Registration is FREE.
- Publication facility
- This provides the facility for you to publish papers in the IGSM Bulletin.
- IGSM Bulletins
- Access to content of previously published volumes of IGSM Bulletins.
- Links to some relevant websites.
One of the important features of the IGSM is for Members to be able to communicate with one another to discuss matters of common interest. Under the Directory of Members we have, in the interest of avoiding spam mail, refrained from including members email addresses. However, it is envisaged that at a later date we will implement a Members Discussion Mailing List on this site; you will be able to subscribe/unsubscribe to the List from this IGSM site.
If you have any comments to make concerning the content of this site, or any other matter concerning the Web IGSM, then we would love to hear from you. To do this simply contact a member of the Organizing Committee listed below.
Web IGSM Organizing Committee
- Bruce Maslin (email@example.com)
- Department of Conservation and Land Management, Locked Bag 104, Bentley Delivery Centre, Western Australia 6983. (Committee Convener)
- Renée H. Fortunato (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Directora/Curadora del Herbario, Instituto de Recursos Biológicos, INTA, Castelar 1712, Prov. de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Gwilym Lewis (G.Lewis@rbgkew.org.uk)
- Herbarium, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB, England.
- Melissa Luckow (email@example.com)
- Plant Biology Department, 228 Plant Sciences Bldg., Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA.
- David Seigler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of Plant Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA.
- Graham Stone (email@example.com)
- Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JT.
Photos by G. Lewis and B.R. Maslin